National Mineral Policy 2013
The main challenges the new NMP-2013 seeks to address revolve around the following five broad themes:
- Increasing the economic contribution of mining sector to Pakistan’s economy through more private investment;
- Being competitive for scarce and mobile international capital for investment in the mining sector through a stable and enabling environment;
- Ensuring smooth operational and effective coordination between Federal and Provincial institutions in the implementation of the regulatory and legislative regime for the mining sector;
- Ensuring that exploration, development and production of Pakistan’s mineral resources are environmentally sustainable; and
- Encouraging small scale mining and local private participation in the development of the sector.
Click Here For Deails