Human Resource and Administration Wing
Administration Wing consists of a Joint Secretary, two Deputy Secretaries and six Section Officers along with the supporting staff. Administration Wing is responsible for the following functions:
All matters pertaining to personnel management and general administration of the Ministry ( Secretariat ).
All matters relating to personnel management and general/financial management affairs of the Policy Wing of the Ministry, Oil, Gas and Mineral sector companies, Geological Survey of Pakistan (GSP) and Hydrocarbon Development Institute of Pakistan ( HDIP ), under Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources.
Corporate affairs of oil and gas companies.
All matters relating to technical assistance, tours and training in Pakistan and abroad.
Coordination work of the Ministry, its attached departments, organizations with other Federal Ministries/Divisions/Departments etc..
Processing of non-development budget of the Ministry, its attached departments and matters relating to Public Accounts Committee/Departmental Account Committee etc.
All matters relating to website and networking of the Ministry.
Coordination work relating to P&NR Committee on Defence Planning as well as security of key points etc.
DISTRIBUTION OF WORK
JOINT SECRETARY (HR & ADMN)
- Supervise the work of Deputy Secretary (Admn) and Deputy Secretary( Personnel).
- All matters pertaining to personnel management and general administration of the Ministry (Secretariat).
- All matters relating to Personnel management and General / financial affairs of the Policy Wing of the Ministry, Oil and Gas Companies, geological Survey of Pakistan (GSP), Pakistan Mineral Development Corporation and Hydrocarbon Development Institute of Pakistan, under Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources.
- Corporate affairs of oil, gas and mineral sector companies.
- All matters relating to technical assistance, tours and training in Pakistan and abroad.
- Coordination work of the Ministry, its attached departments, organizations with other Federal Ministries / Divisions / Departments etc.
- Processing of non-development budget of the Ministry, its attached departments.
- All matters relating to web site and networking of the Ministry.
- Coordination work related to P&NR committee on Defence planning as well as security of key points etc.
- Courts / litigation cases.
- Parliament business.
DEPUTY SECRETARY (ADMN)
- The following sections will report through Deputy Secretary (Admn).
Section Officer (Admn / Coord / General)
- All personal matters of the Officers/ Officials of this Ministry.
- CR dossiers, service books and declaration of Assets.
- Security matters.
- Budget of the Ministry of petroleum and Natural Resources.
- All matters relating to pay/pension and Allowances of the Officers and Staff of the Ministry.
- Framing of Recruitment Rules pertaining to Director General (Mineral) BS-20, Directors (BS-19) (Economic & Law)/(Geology and Mining) and Deputy Directors (BS-18) (Economic & Law)/(Geology and Mining) and Network/ System Administrator (BS-18) and their recruitments through FPSC.
- Yearly Airport Entry Passes in respect of Officers (from lower to the top echelon) of this Ministry and its various organizations.
- Cases of hiring of Residential Accommodation in respect of entitled Officers/ Officials of this Ministry.
- Monthly Duty Roaster of Officers. (Junior Security Officers).
- All appointments, promotions, transfers and other establishment matters of the Officials in BPS 1 to 16 which dont fall within the perview of the FPSC.
- Determination of focal point for coordinating specific matters of national importance.
- Review cases in pursuance of recommendations of the Committee of Restructuring and Rightsizing (CRR).
- Arrangement of Hajj in respect of employees of this Ministry as per Government Policy.
- National Assembly/ Senate Questions/Businesses.
- Medical Reimbursement cases.
- Grant of Advances (HBA, G.P.Fund, Motor Car, Motor Cycle and Cycle Advances).
- General Services (Stationary, Furniture, Telephone, Transport and Central Registry).
- Maintenance and Security of Office Building (Ground and Third Floor).
- Office Accommodations.
- Arrangements for meetings of High powered delegations from within the country and abroad and other allied matters relating to there boarding and lodging / security and transport facility from the Cabined pool.
- All matters relating to Library of the Ministry.
- Publication of Year Book.
- Examination of various policies and furnishing of consolidated comments/ views of the Ministry.
- Monthly Meeting.
- Coordination of the Parliamentary work relating to the National Assembly and Senate.???
- Coordination within the Ministry and other Ministries/Attached Departments/ Subordinate Offices/ Corporation/ Companies.
- Circulation of the orders received from various Ministries/Division within the Ministry and to attached departments/ Corporation,? autonomous/ semi autonomous bodies.
- Periodicals returns/ reports.
- Monitoring and implementation s of the Prime Minister/ President?s directives and Cabinet decisions of general nature.
Section Officer (F&A)
All duties assigned to Finance and Accounts officers in revised system of financial control and also in Secretariat Instruction
Section Officer (TA / Council)
Attending sessions of Senate / National Assembly.
Briefing to Minister on Senate Business / National Assembly Business.
taking notes during Senate / National Assembly Sessions.
All matters relating to :
- Adjournment Motions.
- Call attention notices.
- Checking accuracy of the Questions.
- Coordination with senate Secretariat / National Assembly Secretariat.
- Coordinations with DGs with regard to senate / National Assembly Business.
- Request for issuance of passport.
- Request for issuance of note verbale.
- Visits/ Trainings within Pakistan and abroad.
- NOC from Foreign Affairs.
- NOC / clearance from Finance Division / Interior Divisions.
- NIPA Advance Courses.
- NDC / PASC Advance Courses.
- NIPA General Courses.
- Soliciting nominations of Suitable candidates for the foreign trainings through EAD.
- Issuance of NOC for Airports.
- Issuance of sanction letters.
DEPUTY SECRETARY (PERSONNEL)
- The following sections will report through Deputy Secretary (Personnel)
Section Officer (Mineral)
- All administrative matters of GSP.
- All administrative matters of? (a) PMDC (b) SML
- All matters relating to technical assistance, tours, training abroad.
Section Officer (Oil)
- Appointments, promotions, transfers, and other establishments matters of the officers in BS-17 and above in Policy Wing.
- Corporate affairs of PSO and PARCO.
- Appointments, promotions, transfers of personnel employed in PSO & PARCO.
- References from Prime Minister / President / Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat, pertaining to Policy Wing, PSO & PARCO.
Section Officer (Gas)
- Appointments / promotions / transfers of personnel employed in OGDC, SSGC, SNGPL, HDIP
falling under the perview of the Ministry.
- Corporate affairs of the Gas Companies.
- Emergency coordination Committee for Oil and Gas field / installations.
- Authorization of import of machinery equipment etc. for exploration and development of OIL and Gas sector.
- References from President / Prime Minister / Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat pertaining to Gas companies.